I enjoyed the best of both worlds this Christmas : celebrating in France with champagne and foie gras, and in Italy with baked pasta and panettone. But after all the traditional Christmas dishes, it feels good to have something a little more exotic!
What do you need? 200 g marinated tofu – 1 red pepper (chopped) – 150 g fresh spinach – 400 ml coconut milk – 1 tbsp fresh grated galangal (or ginger) – 2 tbsp red curry paste – a dash of fish sauce – 1 tbsp tamarind paste – 1 tbsp sunflower oil – a handful of cashews – a handful chopped fresh coriander.
How to make it?
1. In a hot pan put the oil, red curry paste and 1 tbsp coconut milk. Mix well until the curry paste dissolved in the other 2 liquids and the flavours are released (2-3mn). Add the galangal and tamarind paste and mix well.
2. Add the spinach, red pepper and tofu. Fry for about 5 mn or until the pepper starts to soften a little.
3. Add the rest of the coconut milk and the fish sauce and stir to combine. Leave to cook for 5-10 mn, stirring continuously.
4. While the curry cooks, get another pan and add a little oil. Crush the cashews roughly and fry until lightly brown.
5. Serve the curry with rice and top with the roasted cashews and chopped coriander.